Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mele Kalikimaka

Merry Christmas my wonderful readers! I have been so busy this December and its been jam packed with things to see and do with my family and friends. I trust you all had a lovely Christmas day yesterday! I know I totally suffered from a food coma >,<  so I woke up this morning and guzzled a liter a water to help my poor body flush out all the excessive carbs, fats and sugars consumed previously! As we speak my brother is making some bubble and squeak but I opted for a beautiful fresh corn, cucumber, coriander, lime and chili salsa that was left over from lunch. Its so fresh and I will try to have an abundance of raw fruits and veg over the next few days as a bit of compensation to my Christmas feast.
So here a few pics I wanted to share. This is the first Christmas for my little blog and I know I really loved looking at eall the christmas posts last year. A special hello to my new followers. I am so very honored to share my little part of the world with you all.
My brother Tony and nephew Khie
My parents with Theresa and Tony...5 siblings missing here :P
We made cake pops, rice bubble treats and shortbread biscuits to give to our family members
Lali is reading the story about the birth of Jesus

Meet my little niece Mia-Rose. Look at us in our dots on Christmas morning :)


This is the closest I got to an outfit post. I was so happy to find this on Christmas eve. I was heading to the Salvo's to look for last minute glass jars and plates to serve up all my home cooked sweets for family members and I found this top. EVERYTHING in the store was half price so I got it for $1! I also picked up some handbags and jackets (I wrapped some up for my sisters Christmas present and she LOVED them) and I found HEAPS of wonderful vintage earrings!!

Everyone loved the sweets and it meant I basically gave gifts to all my family members without buying nothing new. I did buy a few new things for my sister but she was my "Secret Santa" and so I got her a present with our price limit.

After visiting other family members we settled down to a hot roast lunch. Even though its hot in Australia and we usually have a mix of seafood and hot roasts; everyone can't go past the roast lamb.

After eating, and chatting and sharing our bon-bon Christmas jokes we sipped on punch and waited for our stomachs to adjust before having dessert and opening presents.

It was such a wonderful time to remember the birth of Jesus and the reason for this special season.





I also wanted to mention the two beautiful bloggers who have interacted with me and or featured me on their blog. You have no idea how much this and this made me smile! Sorry I go a while without thanking you all for your support. I haven't even kept up to date with all my lovely blogger lady friends. I seem to get online, load up some pics and get off. But I really do appreciate all the comments, feedback and support. You are all truly amazing women. I wish all women treated each other with this much support and respect. Mad love for you all.


Falala Mele xo

3 comments:

  1. dear mele,
    its a lovely little part of the world :)
    merry xmas to all.
    jijixx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love for you too! *sniffs* nope, just something in my eye, not getting mushy at all!!

    Great pictures of your family christmas, it looks so filled with love, affection and happiness, which is exactly how it should be!

    But my favourite picture has to be the matching dots one...adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm cake pops!

    delicious :)

    Mele you look so pretty and that baby is darn adorable. Look out for my letter, I'll be writing you soon

    Happy NEW YEAR!!!

    xoxo,
    daisy

    ReplyDelete