Saturday, June 1, 2013

Let's catch up

Hi friends,

I wanted to just come and say hello because I haven't been on here half as much as I would like to. I haven't had time to read all my fave blogs and that makes me feel disconnected and out of the loop. I used to be good at sharing what I've been up to. I know I've been a good blogger when my friends are like "yeah I saw it on the blog" and I haven't even kept them in the loop with my life. SMH. It's the same old "I'm just so busy drill" but I know that EVERYONE is busy these days so I'm here trying to catch up with you all.

How are you?


What's new?

I've been spending my mornings in the gym, days at school and evenings watching Bomb Girls, Supernatural, Pan Am, The Carrie Diaries, Freaks and Geeks and Grey's Anatomy. Don't judge. It's officially winter.

The kids at school keep me laughing and my sister and niece who also double as my housemates have kept the good times rolling at home. Just the regular teasing, eating, dancing and laughing routine.

I've been eating Laksa and grilled cheese once a week because they are the faves atm and I spent last Saturday night going through all my thrifted finds deciding what to take to New York.

It is now officially two weeks to go. I'm cutting out on school 2 weeks early because I was supposed to be going to Spain, Italy and France. But lack of funds (and perhaps the added trip to the Philippines) left me saying "Well I plan to live there next year so why spend thousands of dollars on a little holiday now when I can save it for next year?".

So New York was the fabulous booby prize :D I get to catch up with my New York sisters Gabby, Candice and Deja. I get to meet up with my awesome Aussie blogger ladies in another country and I get to spend quality-non work-no stress time with my sissys Bullu and Sia.

So instead of getting up and going to my 8:30am boxing class today I decided to stay home, enjoy the rain and write to you all. I am blessed and thankful.

I hope that you are happy and well. I hope your joys outweigh your sorrows and that there is something exciting on your horizon. If there's nothing that comes to mind then why not plan a little something. It doesn't have to be huge but something to look forward to is so important amongst work and life and responsibilities.



It's a thrifted-op-shopped-vintage life <3

Waiting to hit USA again.  1. Vegas tattooing 2. Slots 3. Buffet 4. Esa-bagel Photos by @sikilou
1) Guy Sebastian concert 2) 51 ST NY 3) Katz's Deli 4) Brooklyn repping our own
1. Brooklyn Bridge 2. Grimaldi's DUMBO 3. Subway heat 4. Miss New Booty in Harlem

Best way to keep up with me lately is to follow me on instagram @mele2541 it's where I'm usually at.



Happy Sabbath xo


Falala Mele

6 comments:

  1. Miss New Booty... I have the song in my head now lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to live NYC through your eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't to be there already! One more week....still not organised!

      Delete
  3. LOL these pictures are fun I have to go and find you on IG!

    Elle
    Eat.Style.Play

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Elle.... i bloody love IG its ridiculous

      Delete